Complaining of sexism?
It seems there are many complaints of sexism with regards to the words used to describe Ms. Stronach’s departure from the CPC’s for a Liberal cabinet post.
Words are used to communicate a message. Lets see what the words used actually mean!
www.dictionary.com is your friend.
1. One who solicits and accepts payment for sex acts.
2. One who sells one's abilities, talent, or name for an unworthy purpose.
1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.
1. A graduated rod for measuring the depth or amount of liquid in a container, as of oil in a crankcase.
2. Slang. A person regarded as foolish or contemptible.
Hmmm … most of these definitions seem to characterize many people’s opinions of the actions of Ms. Stronach actions and do not imply any kind of sexism.
It seems that they are choosing to be offended rather than to understand the message!
Remember what your parents always taught you :
but names will never hurt me.