Saturday, September 24, 2005

That's General Pale to You

From the The Which Historic General Are You Test written by dasnyds on Ok Cupid.

So I'm Genghis Khan! Well it's better than this guy! I don't know if I would publish on my blog that the general he most resembles "could never sprout the balls to act on his information, and in the end, that's why Geoge McClellan is only a sidenote in the history books."

I scored 61 Wisdom, 61 Tactics, 71 Guts, and 59 Ruthlessness!

Genghis Khan was a Mongol conqueror, originally named Temujin. He succeeded his father, Yekusai, as chieftain of a Mongol tribe and then fought to become ruler of a Mongol confederacy. After subjugating many tribes of Mongolia and establishing his capital at Karakorum, Temujin held a great meeting, the khuriltai, at which he accepted leadership of the Mongols and assumed his title. He promulgated a code of conduct and reorganized his armies. He attacked the Jurchen-ruled Chin empire of North China and by 1215 had occupied most of its territory, including the capital, Yenching (now Beijing). From 1218 to 1224 he conquered Turkistan, Transoxania, and Afghanistan and raided Persia and East Europe to the Dnieper River. Genghis Khan ruled one of the greatest land empires the world has ever known. He died while campaigning against the Jurchen, and his vast domains were divided among his sons and grandsons. His wars were marked by ruthless carnage, but Genghis Khan was a brilliant ruler and military leader. Timur was said to be descended from him. Other leaders like yourself include Julius Caesar and Tecumseh Sherman

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 35% on Wisdom

You scored higher than 46% on Tactics

You scored higher than 93% on Guts

You scored higher than 76% on Ruthlessness

The Which Historic General Are You Test written by dasnyds on Ok Cupid

2 Comments:

At 24/9/05, Blogger Progressive Maritimer said...

As strange as this might sound, while I found the comparison the quiz gave wasn't the best considering the results, I was overall generally pleased with the result. It essentially reflected the strategies I use in games such as Risk, Axis and Allies, and Diplomacy (one might call be a fanatic about strategy games, I love them). I generally see myself as defensive, cautious, and tactical. My results showed that:

You scored 65 Wisdom, 91 Tactics, 40 Guts, and 34 Ruthlessness!

"Well it's better than this guy!"

Better is a relative word. To some, the best general is one who is ruthless and unrelenting. To others, the best general is the most tactical. Still to others, the best general is one who has the guts to fight battles against the odds and lead his men from the front lines. Finally, others might argue that the general with the best mind for logic is the superior one.

I think the answer given to the question that appeared midway: Which type of general do you see yourself as: courageous, tactical, etc., speaks to what you see as making the best general. I answered tactical which probably makes me a good advisor on strategy, logistics, and planning but someone else is better suited to give the final orders. Can't say that bothers me too much.

Either way, it was a fun quiz and thank you for putting a link to my blog on your site (regardless of the circumstances).

 
At 25/9/05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant better in the fact that the general I got did not have the "sprout the balls" line!

I give you credit for posting it though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home