Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Serenity opens Friday!


Serenity is the movie based upon the Fox cancelled sci-fi TV series Firefly that grew into a DVD best seller that grew into a big screen movie - all based upon fan support and word of mouth. That's a grass-roots bottom-up movement at it best

Check out the series on DVD and then head out to the movie - you won't regret it!

Some quotes from the series:

Jayne: “Ten percent of nuthin’ is…let me do the math here…nuthin’ into nuthin’…carry the nuthin’…”

Book: “I brought you some supper but if you’d prefer a lecture, I’ve a few very catchy ones prepped…sin and hellfire… one has lepers.”

Jayne: "Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. ... Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

3 Comments:

At 27/9/05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if only Fox would make a movie based on Fastlane, the other great show that was killed off by a bad timeslot (friday nights). Firefly was better suited for a two hour movie format rather than a weekly show.

 
At 27/9/05, Blogger Les Mackenzie said...

Never seen it - I gave up on Fox when they canceled Dark Angel and the X-Files turned into a soap opera.

Perhaps I will check this show out :D Word of mouth eh?

 
At 27/9/05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a show that Fox didn't give a fair shake to.

I admit, though, I didn't see it when it was on TV, and only watched the series when my wife (a big Joss Whedon fan) bought the DVDs. Great show though, and we're both looking forward to the movie this friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home